This page describes how the Desinc Live website is managed under the provisions of Article 13 and Article 14 of European Union GDPR – General Data protection Regulation (679/2016/EU) in relation to the processing of the personal data of its users.
Purpose of the personal data processing
Personal data is processed according to all purposes related to design and delivery of Desinc Live, that include:
- purposes related to monitoring, analyzing and assessing the use of the service;
- purposes related to teaching and learning.
Data processing procedure
In relation to the stated purposes, the data processing is carried out with digital tools. In any case the protection is ensured by password.
Data Controller: Politecnico di Milano – Directorate General upon authorisation of the pro-tempore Rector email@example.com
Piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32 – 20133 Milan Italy
Phone +39 0223992243
Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org – phone: +39 0223999378
- Information that Desinc Live collects from you (including Personal Information)
- Cookies and tracking technologies on Desinc Live
- Third Party Cookies
- How your information is used
- How your information is shared
- How to manage your personal information
- Storage & security
- Contact information
Information that Desinc Live collects from you (including personal information)
Desinc Live directly collects information when you:
- enroll in the activities proposed on Desinc Live website;
- send email messages to the contact email of the Desinc Live website.
Desinc Live also indirectly collects usage information about your visit to the Desinc Live website, as explained in the section below titled Cookies and tracking technologies.
Cookies and tracking technologies on the Desinc Live website
- based on your cookie settings, Desinc Live tracks information indicating, among other things, which pages of the Desinc Live website were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited, and which hyperlinks and other user interface controls were used;
- Desinc Live may log the IP address, operating system, and browser software (including mobile use and device type when you use Desinc Live native mobile apps) you used when accessing the Desinc Live website, and Desinc Live may be able to determine from an IP address your Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of your point of connectivity;
- Tracking is performed via Google Analytics based upon anonimyzation of IP addresses;
- Desinc Live may track and collect information from emails that Desinc Live sends to you, for example whether you opened the email or clicked on any links from the email.
- when necessary for system administration, security, and integrity to ensure the Desinc Live website works properly for you. Without these technologies, the Desinc Live website may not function correctly;
- to enable analytics, performance and functionality, to help Desinc Live gather information about how visitors use the Desinc Live website and monitor Desinc Live website performance, and to enhance your experience by recognizing and remembering whether you have visited the Desinc Live website before and may have any personal preferences.
You have some options for managing Cookies and other Tracking Technologies. These include modifying your browser settings: You should be able to control how and whether your web browser accepts Cookies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new Cookies, how to receive notification of new Cookies, and how to disable existing Cookies. If you reject Desinc Live’s Cookies, many functions and conveniences of the Desinc Live website may not work properly.
Third party cookies
Please note that this website extended Google Analytics for the code “gat._anonymezlp();” to ensure an anonymised recording of IP-addresses (IP masking).
More information on Google Inc. and Google Analytics can be found here: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/terms/.
How your information is used
Your data is processed in accordance with Polimi policies; Desinc Live uses information, including Personal Information, to carry out the following purposes:
- organise and provide the online activities;
- improve Desinc Live service;
- communicate with you;
- track Desinc Live website usage against goals and mission.
Desinc Live may also seek your consent for additional uses of information, including Personal Information, and will use it only for the purpose described to you. All use of Personal Information is subject to applicable law.
How your information is shared
Desinc Live may share information, including Personal Information, only as needed to fulfill the relevant purpose(s), with the following third parties:
- staff authorised to process personal data;
- European Union;
- Desinc Live project partners;
- subjects that provide outsourcing services or acting as technicians operating the Desinc Live equipment and service programs;
- entities / authorities for issuing public key certificates.
How to manage your personal information
Delete Personal Information
To request deletion of your Personal Information, you should send a request to email@example.com. Because deletion on the Desinc Live system is a permanent action and cannot be reversed, Desinc Live may ask you to complete a process that aims to confirm your authority to manage data affected by your request.
Polimi will permanently remove you from Desinc Live email lists.
Polimi will permanently delete your Personal Information from the Desinc Live website.
Desinc Live will retain and use Personal Information as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, enforce its agreements, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Desinc Live will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed to provide you with services. Your Personal Information may be retained for a maximum of 5 years.
Storage & security
Desinc Live stores information, including Personal Information, on its own servers located at Polimi. Polimi controls its own copy of information collected through the Desinc Live website and has an information security program designed to protect information in its possession or control. This is done through a variety of privacy and security policies, processes, and procedures. Polimi uses administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that reasonably and appropriately protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the information that it collects, receives, stores, or transmits. Nonetheless, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure; and therefore, Polimi cannot guarantee its absolute security. While Polimi works hard to ensure the integrity and security of its network and systems, Polimi cannot guarantee that its security measures will prevent “hackers” or other unauthorized persons from illegally accessing or obtaining information.
If Polimi learns of a security breach involving its copy of your Personal Information, Polimi may attempt to notify you electronically so that you may take appropriate protective steps. By using the Desinc Live website or providing Personal Information to Desinc Live, you agree that Desinc Live can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Desinc Live website. If a security systems breach occurs, Desinc Live may post a notice on the Desinc Live homepage (indirizzo sito) or elsewhere on the Desinc Live website and may send an email to you.
If you have privacy concerns, have disclosed data you would prefer to keep private, or would like to access the Personal Information that Desinc Live maintains about you, please contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +39 0223999378.
If you consider the answer provided to be unsatisfactory, you may lodge, free of charge, a complaint with the Italian Authority for Data Protection – Garante per la protezione dei dati personali (www.garanteprivacy.it).
Effective date: May 31st, 2020